Marks & Labels
CSA certification marks offer peace of mind to retailers, regulators, and consumers in North America and around the world
Choosing CSA Group North American marks can give you the confidence and quality you need to succeed in a fast-moving and increasingly global marketplace
CSA marks are widely accepted by many government and code officials, regulatory and regulation bodies, leading retailers, and Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJ). The CSA mark demonstrates that a product has been rigorously tested to applicable standards. These include standards written or administered by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI), Underwriters Laboratories (UL), CSA Group (CSA), NSF International (NSF), and other North American and global organizations.
High consumer confidence
Sixty-nine percent of North American consumers surveyed say they are more likely to purchase products with the CSA mark.
Years of Experience
Rely on an internationally-recognized company with a century of
Get one-stop-shop certification services to help you access 175 markets worldwide.
Launch your products fast and with confidence guided by expert certification services
When selling your products in North America, you need a team of experts that can confidently inform you on what you need to know. Having deep knowledge of standards and compliance requirements and wide acceptance of our marks with Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJs) and other regulatory entities, CSA Group can help you bring your products to market efficiently and effectively.
- The CSA mark on your product means it has been tested against applicable North American standards requirements
- CSA marks are found on a wide variety of North American products: electrical and electronic, gas-fired, personal protective equipment and many more
- CSA Group technical experts fully understand Canadian and U.S. requirements
Today’s buyers put a high premium on energy efficiency. Consumers often choose products that they know will save them money on their monthly utility bill and perform better for the health of the planet. CSA Group’s energy efficiency marks demonstrate that your product has met the energy efficiency requirements for Canadian and U.S. regulators.
- Our marks demonstrate that energy efficiency requirements outlined by Natural Resources Canada (NRCan), Canadian provincial energy efficiency regulations, California Energy Commission (CEC), and the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) have been fully met
- We have more than 30 years of experience and technical experts that fully understand Canadian and U.S. energy efficiency requirements
- CSA marks are found on a wide variety of North American products such as household and commercial appliances, consumer electronics, home and building products, HVAC equipment, lighting products office equipment, plumbing products, motors, and more
Consumers are increasingly focused on buying green products from companies that demonstrate environmental consciousness.
Our sustainability mark indicates to retailers, regulators, and consumers that your product has met defined environmental performance and corporate responsibility criteria.
- Assessment of key sustainability criteria such as materials of concern, materials efficiency, energy consumption, operation processes, and end-of-life management
- A team of technical experts who understand sustainability and will guide you through the CSA mark requirements
- A mark that demonstrates your commitment to social and environmental responsibility
Product labeling is essential to conveying important information to buyers. The right adhesive label meets the anticipated usage demands of the product based on the situation and environment. For product manufacturers who need to use adhesive labels on their products, CSA Group testing helps ensure your labels meet usage criteria and perform according to conditions. For label makers, we offer a label adoption service that provides fast market acceptance by manufacturers.
- Our program allows you the opportunity to construct a label from listed CSA Group certified components that meet the requirements of their intended usage
- Apply to adopt a specific label construction by a label component supplier; adopted labels can be listed on behalf of the label manufacturer for a fee without additional testing
- We will work with you to conduct annual field inspection and conformity testing of adopted labels
Testing and certification providers accredited by the right authorities (e.g., SCC or OSHA) to certify products mean their marks are equivalent to other accredited providers. Knowledge of all the accepted marks offers you choice and can improve efficiencies.
- CSA marks are widely accepted throughout North America and found on various commercial and industrial products
- CSA marks are accepted by AHJs, and regulatory bodies such as SCC, ANSI, and OSHA
- We work to promote safety standards and certification marks with the International Association of Electrical Inspectors (IAEI), Electrical Safety Foundation International (ESFI), U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), and Health Canada
Counterfeit items are found in every industry and put the safety of consumers at risk. As a leader in public safety, testing, and certification, CSA Group actively engages in activities and initiatives to help protect consumers while helping credible manufacturers maintain their competitive advantage. CSA aggressively pursues counterfeit products.
- We have a brand protection team that investigates and reports on incidents involving fraudulent products
- We actively educate local law enforcement and customs officials to help them identify counterfeit products entering their country
- Organizations we work with include Canadian Anti-Counterfeiting Network (CACN), and International Anti-Counterfeiting Coalition (IACC).
The Latest from CSA Group
A Simple Guide to CertificationView the Infographic
Your Testing & Certification Provider is Your ChoiceView the Infographic
The Continued Rise of Industrial Robots for Use in Hazardous LocationsRead the White Paper
OSHA Recognition Helps CSA Group Expand Your OpportunitiesRead the White Paper
We’re always here to help. Let’s talk.
We’re here to answer your questions and help you get started right away. Call or send us a message anytime.Contact Us