Testing & Certification
CSA Group’s accreditations and recognitions make us a one-stop solution for testing & certifying products for markets around the globe. We are widely recognized by numerous North American and international organizations for providing testing & certification services for a broad range of product categories including electrical, gas-fired, plumbing, personal protective equipment and others.
Recognitions and accreditations
Select global offices are recognized or accredited by the following:
- The U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) recognizes CSA Group as a Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory(NRTL)
- The Standards Council of Canada (SCC) accredits CSA Group as a Certification Organization (CO – ISO 17065), Testing Organization (TO – ISO 17025), and Inspection Body (IB – ISO 17020)
- American National Standards Institute (ANSI) accredits CSA Group as a Certification Body (ISO 17065)
- International Accreditation Service, Inc. (IAS) accredits CSA Group as both a Testing Organization (TO – ISO 17025) and Inspection Body (IB – 17020)
- IECEE CB Scheme recognizes CSA Group as an National Certification Body (NCB) and recognizes many of our labs as Certification Body Testing Labs (CBTLs)
- IECEx recognizes CSA Group as a hazardous location Certification Body (ExCB) and recognizes many of our labs as Testing Labs (ExTL)
- Notified Bodies (NB) in the context of European directives, such as the ATEX, MID and the EMC directive
- National Voluntary Laboratory Accreditation Program (NVLAP: 200732-0, 500055-0)
- City of Los Angeles
Energy efficiency verification program recognitions
CSA Group will verify that your products comply with the latest energy efficiency requirements including ENERGY STAR® and Lighting Facts. We are recognized by numerous governmental agencies including:
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- U.S. Department of Energy, Office of Energy Efficiency (DOE)
- California Energy Commission (CEC)
- Natural Resources Canada (NRCan)
- Canadian provinces of British Columbia, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia
We are a standards development organization (SDO) accredited both in Canada and the U.S. This accreditation acknowledges that we comply with a specific set of accreditation criteria. As a result, our standards are recognized around the world for their balance, technical superiority, and ability to meet the needs of industry, regulators, manufacturers and consumers.
CSA Group has the largest number of published standards accredited by the Standards Council of Canada (SCC), the federal body that co-ordinates Canada’s National Standards System. We maintain our accreditation by developing consensus standards that adhere to the requirements established by the SCC.
CSA Group is accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI), an organization that co-ordinates the standards strategy for the U.S. We maintain ANSI accreditation by developing consensus standards that comply with ANSI Essential Requirements.
We’re always here to help. Let’s talk.
We’re here to answer your questions and help you get started right away. Call or send us a message anytime.